CATEGORY: American Academy of Motor Vehicle Injuries
Course Access: 365 days access
Case Management For Motor Vehicle Injuries
About This Course
This course will address how each health care provider can expect to be involved in the care of a patient injured in a motor vehicle collision. It will be presented in a flow chart format to allow the student to understand the factors to consider in choosing the next co-management decision.
In this 10 hour continuing education course, you will learn:
- The first choices injured parties make to address their motor vehicle injuries from the ER to home care and self-management.
- Other health care providers a patient would most likely be referred to and why.
- Basic forms to get started with on a case
- Specific home therapies and DME, durable medical equipment
- The need for future care and medical validation
Course Purpose and Objective
Purpose: To establish a protocol in the care, management and co-management of a PI patient
Objective: Understand how each health care provider can expect to be involved in the care of a patient injured in a motor vehicle accident
- Understanding how each healthcare provider fits into a case
- What to look for in other provider’s reports
- How specific wording in reports can affect a case
- How to work successfully with other healthcare providers
- How to educate other providers on additional diagnostic testing
- What initial forms are an integral part of a PI file