CATEGORY: American Academy of Motor Vehicle Injuries
Mechanism of Injury
Course Access: 365 days access
Mechanism of Injury in Motor Vehicle Collisions
About This Course
This course will focus on the mechanism of injury in a motor vehicle collision and how the forces and vectors affect different body parts that can be injured.
In this 10 hour continuing education course, you will learn:
- the effects of different factors in the mechanics of a crash
- how the dynamics of bodily motion differ from vehicular movement
- our pre-existing conditions increase the risk of further injury
Course Purpose and Objective
Purpose: To understand how different vectors and forces affect structures that can be injured.
Objective: Cover all the variables both mechanical and dynamic involved in causing injuries in motor vehicle collisions.
- This will focus on mechanics versus dynamics of injury separating difference of gender, age, size and position from the forces and damage to the vehicle.
- Clinical findings are discussed and demonstrated.
- Understanding the risks of pre-existing conditions and how they are affected in a motor vehicle collision.
- Live subject videos as well as crash tests from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, IIHS will be used