Documentation & Coding for Motor Vehicle Injury
About This Course
Add expertise to your practice and improve your ability to diagnose, evaluate, and treat conditions found in motor vehicle injuries.
This 10 hour module will review all the steps to be documented for PI cases.
- Documentation in terms of validating the diagnoses and justifying continued care
- Information attorneys need to present a demand letter
- Tools to document in a way that any other doctor will be able to read their notes and know the case as well as the treating doctor
- Copies of forms will be made available to attendees.
Course Purpose and Objective
Purpose: To simplify protocols for the progression of analysis and treatment these areas.
Objective: Teach providers the tools and processes to properly document motor vehicle injuries to communicate with other providers, meet the need of attorneys and insurance companies.
- Understanding what the insurance company expects in the way of documentation
- What attorneys need in order to create an effective demand letter
- Knowing what to include in SOAP notes that can make or break a case
- The importance of documenting a complete physical examination including what was found and what was not found.
- Forms, codes and information needed to provide the attorney with a useful report.